Tuesday 30 December 2014

STORY -- THE FATHER AND THE BIRD



An 80-year-old man who was sitting on the sofa in his house with his highly educated son. Suddenly a crow perched on their window sill. The father asked his son, “Hey, what’s that?” The son replied, “It is a crow.” After a few minutes, the father asked his son again, “What is that?” The son said “Father, I just told you: It’s a crow.” After a little while, the old father again asked his son the a third time, “What is this?”
The son said, with some irritation, “It’s a crow, a crow.” A moment passed, and the father asked, “Hey, what’s that?”
”Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again?” The son shouted at his father. “I have told you so many times: It’s a stupid crow! Can’t you understand that?”
The father went to his room and came back with an old tattered diary, which he had maintained since his son was born. He flipped through it, handed it to his son, and asked him to read a page: “Today my little son, aged three, was sitting with me on the sofa, when a crow landed on the window. My son asked me 23 times what it was. Each time, I hugged him, kissed his head, and said, ‘It’s a crow.’” - (Author Unknown)
"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. (23) And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young." (The Qur'an 17:23-24) - Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment